Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Official: Young Joc To Sue Diddy & Bad Boy

  • Diddy just can't seem to keep many of his artists happy. The Hip Hop mogul has found himself amidst yet another lawsuit by one of his artists--Young Joc.
    Joc has now confirmed rumors of an eminent lawsuit which started spreading last week.
    The "It's Going Down" hitmaker tells Billboard Magazine that he plans to file a lawsuit against Bad Boy Records and Block Entertainment for a host of contractual discrepancies, including failure to pay royalties and advances for his first two albums and charging "outrageous clearance fees" for his collaborations with other artists.
    "I haven't been paid any royalties since I've been out, after over a million albums sold," says Yung Joc.
    "For my first album, they gave me a $25,000 advance when I was supposed to get more...Then I had a million dollar budget for my second album, never even got an advance off of it. For the third one they hit me with another $25,000, like I'm some chump in this shit. And I just got tired of it."
  • While Yung Joc says his main grievance is with Block Entertainment, the company that brought him to Bad Boy Records, he also expressed anger over his label's lack of support.
    "Diddy said he's got to stay out of it because it's between me and Block Entertainment," Yung Joc explains.
    "I was never signed to Block Entertainment, but they've been interfering with a lot of my business. I feel like [Bad Boy] isn't doing anything to try to intervene and help the situation."

No comments:

Post a Comment