Saturday, February 21, 2009

50 Cent: "Before I Self Destruct May Be My Last Studio Album"

New York rapper 50 Cent is gearing up for the release of what he says may very well be his last studio album. The long awaited and often pushed back, "Before I Self Destruct," is slated to hit stores on March 24th and according to Fif, if it doesn't make sense for him to continue recording--he won't.
"It (next album) could very well be my last studio album if it doesn't make sense for me to continue and actually do it" Fif tells King Magazine.
Though he might stop recording, Fif isn't planning on completely exiting Hip Hop as he believes he will only "gain more power" as time goes on due to the age of certain Hip Hop power players.
"I believe that I will have a stronger position as we move forward. What I have on my side is age.
In the next five years, they'll (top rappers) be 45 and 44 years old and I'll just be close to where they are now."
In other news…
50 Cent: Ready To Self Destruct
Hip Hop's Greatest Albums!
50 Cent: Formula 50 Gone Bad
50 Cent's "Before I Self Destr...
And if you thought he was referring to Jay-Z, then you were right. "He's married, he's getting ready to be 40," Fif says of Jay.
"He's in a different place, he might not even want to run around, and even touring might be out of the question."

No comments:

Post a Comment